Team Nelle's Story
09 February 2016
“We are raising money for Spinal Muscular Atrophy Support UK. My daughter Nelle had SMA Type 1 and died aged 4 months old. We received support from the charity which had a major positive impact on her life.
SMA support UK provides support to individuals and families affected by all Types of SMA. Through our fundraising, Team Nelle, are aiming to make a significant impact on the lives of those who live with SMA.
Some of the fundraisers we have organised so far have been:
- Fundraising in the foyer at a local Morrisons store on Saturday 23rd January where we all cycled consistently for between 2 and 4 hours, raising over £1000.
- We have been selling raffle tickets in our local community for £1 a ticket.
- We have had some excellent prizes donated and thank you to everyone who has been involved in helping to fundraise for team Nelle.
- We hosted a 90s evening on Saturday 30th January, which raised almost £3000.
- Later this year, myself and 9 friends are competing in the Ironman 70.3 Staffordshire which involves a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride and a 13.1 mile run. Several of us are also running in the Brighton Marathon and 4 of us will be competing in a full Ironman, double the distances of Staffordshire.
We are not athletes, most of us having only really played rugby before training for these events with several of the boys tipping the scales around the 20 stone mark before we started training. We are aiming to try and raise as close to £20,000 as we can for SMA Support UK.
We would be very grateful if you could support our fundraising page by clicking here.
We have plenty of training and fundraising to do over the coming months and thank you for all your support.”