ORR Improving Assisted Travel Consultation
19 November 2018
A consultation being run by the Office of Rail and Road (ORR) sets out proposals to change the Disabled People's Protection Policy (DPPP) Guidance for train and station operators on how to write their policies for helping disabled people to travel by rail.
The ORR are consulting on proposals to:
- Increase the reliability of assistance for disabled passengers
- Improve accessible journey planning
- Reduce the notice period for booking assistance
- Ensure all train companies provide passenger compensation where assistance is not provided
- Standardise and improve information for passengers
- Strengthen train and station operators’ staff training
The closing date for responding to the consultation is 18th January 2019.