Raising Awareness: Baby Loss Awareness Week
19 October 2017
A big thank you to everyone who got involved with raising awareness during Baby Loss Awareness Week.
Included in the week was a reception at Westminster and Baby Loss debate with talks from various MPs and individuals sharing their personal stories, and discussions around the National Bereavement Care Pathway. Official photos from the event can be found here and a full transcript of the debate, here.
Some stats from the day (provided by BLAW as of 24/10/17):
Babyloss Awareness Week Facebook
The Facebook Live film of a candle was streaming for an hour from 7pm. It’s been viewed 470,000 times and has reached more than 1.18 million users so far.
BLAW Facebook reach for the week was 1.6 million
Babyloss Awareness Week Twitter
Over 40,000 users reached on 15th October
#waveoflight on Twitter
The hashtag trended top in the UK from 7:45-8:05 pm on 15th October
Babyloss Facebook Frame
Used 19,700 times with #Babyloss and the BLAW logo
Pink and Blue
More than 55 buildings turned pink and blue during the week
- Thursday 5th October – candle lighting event in Scottish Parliament
- Monday 9th October – launch of National Bereavement Care Pathway pilot sites
- Monday 9th October – Remembrance Service in Welsh Assembly
- Tuesday 10th October – Baby Loss Debate in Westminster
- Wednesday 11th October – APPG Baby Loss Reception in Westminster