Join MDUK's 'FastTrack' Campaign
11 October 2017
Backed by families, clinicians, researchers and politicians across the country, Muscular Dystrophy UK’s FastTrack campaign is calling for:
- The Department of Health to update on the implementation of the new Commercial Unit at NHS England without delay to ensure earlier negotiations on price can take place.
- NICE, NHS England, the Scottish Medicines Consortium and other devolved nations to adopt flexible approvals processes to ensure further data can be gathered on drugs impact post approval.
- The Department of Health and NHS England to work with pharmaceutical companies to meet the additional NHS costs of going through early access and expanded access schemes.
- The Department of Health to increase capacity at the NICE Highly Specialised Technologies Programme (HST).
- Pharmaceutical companies to engage with regulators when they identify data to support proof of concept for exon-skipping drugs.
- The UK Government to ensure that UK drug licensing continues to linked to the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and that decisions are taken on a parallel timeframe.
- An urgent review of the conditions, processes and criteria for Individual Funding Requests (IFR) and Critically Clinically Urgent Funding Requests (CCUFR).